If you answer yes to any of these questions on the day you present to donate, you will NOT be eligible to donate at that time.
If you have any questions related to travel or your eligibility to donate as a whole contact Bonfils’ Donor Relations department at 303.363.2202 or 800.365.0006, opt. 1 or ask a Bonfils staff member at the time of your donation.
Health Status and Age
1. Do you weigh less than 110 pounds or more than 350 pounds?
2. Are you 15 years or younger?
3. Are you ill or not feeling well today?
4. Have you ever been diagnosed with lymphoma and/or leukemia?
5. Are you taking antibiotics today for an active infection?
6. Have you taken Accutane, Proscar or Propecia in the last month?
7. Have you taken Coumadin/Warfarin in the last 7 days?
Travel and Residence Abroad
10. From 1980 through 1990 were you in Belgium, Germany, the Netherlands or Holland as a member of the U.S. military, a civilian military employee or a dependent of a member of the U.S. military for 6 months or more?
11. From 1980 through 1996 were you in Spain, Portugal, Turkey, Italy, Sicily or Greece as a member of the U.S. military, a civilian military employee or a dependent of a member of the U.S. military for 6 months or more?
12. From 1980 to present have you spent time that adds up to 5 years or more in Europe?
13. In the past 12 months have you spent more than 24 hours in (traveled to) any individual location outside of the U.S. or Canada?
a. If yes, did you travel to any of the countries or cities listed as a malarial risk area on the table on the back of this document?