News Release December 21, 2012
Bonfils Blood Center Urging Residents to Donate During the Last Week of December
Donors rewarded for saving lives during Snow Fun blood drives
Denver, Colo (Dec. 21, 2012) – Don’t take a vacation from blood donation this holiday season. Help Bonfils Blood Center maintain the blood supply by giving of yourself and helping patients in need of blood transfusions.
The six days following Christmas, Bonfils will hold mobile blood drives at the following REI locations:
- Wednesday, Dec. 26 from 10 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. – REI Denver, 1416 Platte St.
- Thursday, Dec. 27 from 10 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. – REI Westminster, 14697 Delaware St.
- Thursday, Dec. 27 from 10 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. – REI Boulder, 1789 29th St.
- Friday, Dec. 28 from 10 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. – REI Westminster, 14697 Delaware St.
- Friday, Dec. 28 from 10 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. – REI Denver, 1416 Platte St.
- Saturday, Dec. 29 from 10 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. – REI Lakewood, 5375 S. Wadsworth Blvd.
- Sunday, Dec. 30 from 9 a.m. to 1:30 p.m. – REI Englewood, 9637 E. County Line Rd.
- Monday, Dec. 31 from 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. – REI Englewood, 9637 E. County Line Rd.
All donors will receive a Snow Fun gift bag, a Bonfils messenger bag and be entered into a drawing to win great prizes that include; Denver Nuggets ticket packages, Lucky Strike Bowling package, Eldora ski lift tickets, Enstrom Toffee, Comedy Works tickets, Estes Park snowshoe rentals, King Soopers gift card, Texas Roadhouse coupons and many more.
Donating blood is a safe, easy and free way you can give back to your community this holiday season. With seven community donor centers and up to ten mobile drives a day throughout the state, Bonfils strives to make donating as convenient as possible. Call Bonfils' Appointment Center at 303.363.2300 or 800.365.0006, opt. 2 or schedule an appointment online to give blood.
For nearly 70 years, Bonfils Blood Center has successfully managed the community blood supply and played an integral role in Colorado’s healthcare system. Bonfils Blood Center supplies blood to nearly 200 healthcare facilities and needs to collect more than 3,000 blood donations weekly to meet the needs of the community and to be prepared for any unexpected events. For information about Bonfils Blood Center please call 303.366.2000 or visit www.bonfils.org or look for us on Facebook and Twitter.